This project provided technical editing services for manuscripts for the European Environment Agency (EEA) in close collaboration with the EEA project manager. The projects aimed to communicate concisely and effectively, targeting a wide range of audiences. Texts, were frequently drafted by more than one author and by non-native English speakers, and the process aimed to be all the text readable and transparent, and to appear to be written in a consistent writing style.
This required a high level of quality control of language to ensure this consistency. The project work also included editing material for the publication via the Internet.
Edited material included:
- Belgrade Report 2007: Europe’s Environment – the Fourth Assessment, for the Pan-European Ministerial Conference
- AnnualEuropeanCommunityLongRange Transboundary Air Pollution (LRTAP) Convention Emission Inventory Report, 1990–2005
- National Emission Ceilings Directive (NECD) Status Report 2006
- Greenhouse gas emission trends and projections in Europe 2007
- Summary text and key messages on Biodiversity conservation in Europe for the EEA Website
- Success stories within the road transport sector on reducing greenhouse gas emission and producing ancillary benefits, 2007
- A range of texts for thematic websites including transport, policy instruments, energy, environmental scenarios, environmental technologies, land use, noise, urban environment and urban and materials resources
- Summary report of the conference ‘Time for action — towards sustainable consumption and production in Europe’ 27–29 September 2007, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ecoagents – eco tips for kids
- European forests — Ecosystem conditions and sustainable use
- NEC Directive Status Report 2007
- Web editing