The objective of the Consultancy project was to brief participants at the FFA's IUU Risk Management Workshop on methodologies to estimate the level of IUU fishing in the WCPO region, possibly in the form of an 'IUU Index', so that periodic comparisons can be made on this issue, at both the FFA member EEZ and regional level.
Project outputs included:
- The development of a methodology to establish the level of IUU fishing in the WCPO region in order to make periodic comparisons;
- Leading the discussion at the workshop on the level of IUU fishing in the WCPO region; and
- Providing input to the workshop about the mitigation of risks of IUU fishing through the implementation by FFA members of agreed policies to combat IUU fishing.
- Development of methodology to compare levels of IUU fishing over time
- Lead discussion at workshop and present information about mitigating risks of IUU fishing