MRAG are currently recruiting observers for the ICCAT ROP-BFT purse seine season. In addition to the qualifications listed below, due to programme requirements we are particularly interested to hear from French speaking candidates who are not French nationals.
Candidates should have a background in marine biology or fisheries and with relevant experience, specifically:
- Completion of College/University education in marine biology or other relevant discipline;
- Participation in research cruises or scientific surveys is desirable ;
- Previous employment as a fisheries observer or fisheries officer is desirable.
- Minimum of 30 days at-sea experience
Personal Survival Techniques or Basic Sea Survival certificate and a Medical certificate proving fitness to work at sea, prior to being deployed.
These certificates must be the national equivalents of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW 95)and awarded by an accredited organisation or physician respectively.
Still Interested in these posts? Here is how you can get involved
- The Recruitment Form
- Copies of your Sea Survival and Medical certificates; and
- Contact details of two referees (no relatives)
- You will be requested to provide written statements from your referees should you be successful after initial screening.
All applications should be submitted electronically. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send your application to email@example.com