Location: London, UK
Working hours: full-time
Salary and terms: Salary will be competitive, reflect our London base, and commensurate with the level of experience of the candidate appointed. Benefits include a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Paycare medical benefits and a discretionary bonus scheme.
MRAG Limited is a leading environmental consultancy dedicated to the sustainable management of natural resources. We specialise in aquatic resources, in particular fisheries.
About this job
MRAG is looking for a highly motivated person to join our team as a Senior Consultant to work on marine and freshwater resource management projects. The post is based in central-London with opportunities for some overseas travel.
Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in sustainable use and management of fisheries, aquatic resources and associated ecosystems in an area relevant to MRAG (see https://www.mrag.co.uk/). You will have a relevant post graduate qualification (for example, related to aquatic resources, aquaculture, fisheries ecology, stock assessment, modelling, management, economics, socio-economics) with a minimum of five years’ professional experience.
As a Senior Consultant, your primary role will be implementing projects within MRAG’s portfolio but ability to fully participate on projects at any stage of their development from tendering to implementation will be required. You must demonstrate managing a wide portfolio of projects and already have an established network of contacts. Additional languages will be an advantage. The terms of employment are negotiable but will include a six-month probationary period.
Required experience and skills include:
- A post-graduate degree in marine biology, fisheries science or another relevant subject.
- 5 years’ professional experience in renewable natural resources management, particularly the fisheries and aquaculture sector.
- Taking responsibility for the full project cycle including an understanding of contractual and budgeting requirements.
- Prior experience of new business development and established network of relevant contacts, ideally gained in an existing consultancy environment.
- Experience of managing project teams.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in R statistics and modelling, GIS would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent written, presentation and quantitative analytic skills, producing high quality outputs.
- Wide experience geographically and on projects relating to fisheries and aquatic resource management.
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues (upwards and downwards) and with clients and project partners. Additional languages would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to multitask, working on a number of projects often to tight deadlines.
If you are interested, please submit the following to email@example.com marked for the attention of Dr Robert Wakeford.
- A cover letter
- Your current CV including full contact details
- Referees that we may contact in due course
- Examples of your writing skills (papers submitted, publicly available project outputs etc.)
Subsequently we may also seek from you:
- Copies of certificates for academic and other qualifications
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled. The initial review of candidates will occur during mid-July.