Location: London, UK
Working hours: Full-time
Salary and terms: Salary will be competitive, reflect our London base, and commensurate with the level of experience of the candidate appointed. Benefits include a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, and hybrid working arrangements.
MRAG Limited is a leading environmental consultancy dedicated to the sustainable management of natural resources. We specialise in aquatic resources, in particular fisheries.
About the job
We are looking for an IT Support Technician for the IT operations of the company. The project-based nature of the consultancy work of the company means that the role requires a dynamic individual with the capacity to problem solve.
The role will include installing and maintaining software and hardware on the premises including, setting up PCs and maintaining servers. Providing IT support to staff in the office and remote workers. Supporting the cloud-based systems such as Office 365 and MS Teams. Helping to develop systems and infrastructure to support the delivery of our consultancy projects. The projects that the company works on also often involve the management of large datasets, so some experience in databases and data management would be desirable
Required experience and skills include:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar and role, preferably with a relevant degree. Alternatively, a marine science graduate with an interest in IT may also apply
- Good knowledge of Office 365 and Windows 10/11
- Configuring and setting up PCs, laptops and printers
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Provide advice and IT support to users
- Maintaining and patching servers and clients, we use both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Managing datasets, database development (MS Access, MySQL) or knowledge of SQL
- Some programming experience (VBA) we also have some web-based systems on LAMP servers
- Configuring Linux servers
If you are interested, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Conor O'Kane
- A cover letter
- Your current CV including full contact details
- Referees that we may contact in due course
Subsequently we may also seek from you:
- Copies of certificates for academic and other qualification
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled.