Location: London, UK
Working hours: Full-time
MRAG is a leading environmental consultancy dedicated to the sustainable management of natural resources. We specialise in aquatic resources, in particular fisheries.
About this job
We are currently looking to fill a position for a Senior Observer Coordinator to work on the observer programmes run by MRAG. These include but are not limited to the IOTC and ICCAT transhipment ROPs, ROP-BFT and CCAMLR observer programmes. There may also be opportunities for work in further projects within the company according to skills and availability. The post is based in central London and may include opportunities for overseas travel. This is a permanent position starting as soon as available and will include a six-month probationary period. Please ensure you are able to live and work in the UK before making an application.
Demonstrating a keen interest in aquatic conservation and resource management, you will possess a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification. You will have previous professional experience in project management. Experience of working at sea, particularly in observer programmes, and knowledge of additional languages will be an advantage.
You will assist observer programme managers in the implementation of fisheries observer programmes, with a view to taking on responsibility for the management of one or more programmes once established. The role will include arranging logistics, delivering training and debriefings, data analysis and report preparation and providing general administrative support.
Required experience and skills include:
- BSc degree or higher in Marine Biology or related subject is essential.
- Practical experience of scientific work at sea or previous observer experience in one or more of our programmes essential/ desirable.
- Good communication skills, including high standard of written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage data collection using databases/ spreadsheets required.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake data analysis desirable.
- Good writing skills required.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to help.
If interested, please submit the following to email@example.com marked for the attention of Dr Robert Wakeford.
- A cover letter
- Your current CV including full contact details
- Referees that we may contact in due course
- Examples of your writing skills (paper submitted, publicly available project outputs etc.)
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter” and “your name CV”. The subject of the email should read: Application for Senior Observer Coordinator.
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled.