This project was a programme of technical assistance to the Marine Stewardship Council to improve the management of information needs and use of information by the organisation. Specific activities included:
- Identification of all information needs/systems in place at MSC and assessment of their requirements for electronic management;
- Identification of linkages and overlaps between disparate needs/systems and definition of appropriate system groupings where necessary;
- Identification of the problems associated with the current environment to be resolved by a new system(s).
- Identification of additional services to be provided by a new system(s).
- Reporting on best practice solutions for each information need/system or group of systems and cross-matching of those solutions against systems already available and proposed.